The Business Development Manager will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and winning tenders through excellent bid preparation. He/she will also be responsible for closing deals that will build the company’s brand, leading to increased awareness, raise in revenue, relevance and respect in the petroleum marine and logistics industry.
- Business Development and relationship management
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- responsible for analyzing and preparing pre-qualification packages and technical bid proposals
- facilitate proposal development process from start to finish
- responsible for submitting completed bid to an existing or prospective client, on time and within budget
- Make proposals based on standard bid by being able to read and interpret client instructions carefully
- Prepare strong negotiation points. Be involved in all customer proceedings and in starting operations.
- Create radically innovative value added offers.
- Time management, efficiency, ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- keeping up-to-date database/information on bids and pre-qualification packages submitted to client
- Knowing the critical points that need to be communicated to the client to support sales strategy.
- Ensuring that bids gets in, complete and on time.
- Make presentation of company’s product and solution offerings to potential and existing customers.
- Create sales/ account plan
- Researching and reporting on external opportunities
Any other duties that may be assigned by the head of department
- A degree in Social science or any related discipline with not below second class lower grade. A Masters Degree with specialization in marketing will be an added advantage
- 5 to 10 years marketing/sales/business development experience in the petroleum industry preparing tenders
- 3-5 Experience in a similar position with ability to motivate and provide leadership to the marketing/sales team
- Good knowledge of Nigeria’s oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of transportation/logistics industry
- Knowledge of carrier tariffs, discounts, and authorities
- Knowledge of commodities as stated in NIMAS’ guide
- Knowledge of carrier distribution system
- Knowledge of industry policies and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills, particularly for technical presentations.
- Ability to convey professionalism, enthusiasm, flexibility, and integrity
- Ability to exhibit effective problem solving skills and at the same time work well under pressure
- Excellent team player with ability to perform very well in a cross-functional work environment
- strong ethos and personal passion for producing high-quality bids that focus on the customer's stated needs