DQC/BDM/G-10- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
A top organization in the food and beverage industry with outlets across Lagos seek the services of a business development manager who will be responsible for the preparation of a sales action plan and strategy for accounts, revitalizing dormant relationships and for growing new business from the existing client base within the confectionary and related Food & Beverage industry.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Set and achieve key performance targets for: sales, delivery, cost, expenses and other measurements of operational performance.
- Create the annual business development budget in compliance with the company policy and ethical / corporate governance framework and present it to the board for approval.
- Disseminating the executive management’s vision and goals among the operational and supporting teams.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
· A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
· MBA qualification would be an advantage
· 3-5 years sales or marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and get results through others
- Able to manage workload and a number of different projects/activities simultaneously, to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities at a strategic and functional level
- Must be familiar with current trends, practices and metrics
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, and CRM.
Interested candidates should send CV to email@example.com stating the job title and job code as the subject of the mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.