It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era.
The Cloud & Managed Services Business Development Manager is a critical role within the Cisco Services organization. The individual will work with Service Provider & Enterprise Theater Clients and Services Sales, Product Management, and Service Delivery leadership and teams to:
- Develop and lead Cisco Cloud & Managed Services business development and growth programs within the assigned market segment and accounts.
- Support Cloud & Management Services sales efforts, including account planning, training, and sales enablement for sales and partner teams in the assigned market segment and accounts.
- Drive custom and complex CMS opportunities with sales teams, partners, and customers.
- Identify opportunities for possible new offerings and enhancements to Cloud & Managed Services.
- Identify and report trends for Cloud & Managed Services Product Management and Marketing teams.
In this sales-enablement role, the Business Development Manager should engage in the Cisco Services sales process to review, develop, and propose specific solutions for Cloud & Managed Services opportunities for integrity of deliverables with appropriate margins. The Business Development Manager will represent Cisco Services by communicating Cloud & Managed Services capabilities and strategies to the field and to partners and customers. The Business Development Manager will support the achievement of the overall CMS business revenue and bookings goals.
The Business Development Manager will work extensively with Services Sales, Product Management, and Delivery teams to define, plan and communicate Cloud & Managed Services programs to enhance Cisco’s Service penetration. Cloud & Managed Services programs should drive improvements in Customer Satisfaction, Margins and Revenue.
In addition they will be viewed as a business resource throughout the organization and serve as a consultative partner and thought leader on Cisco Managed Services. They will be expected to integrate technical expertise, services business experience, and external marketplace factors within the framework of the service product solution selling lifecycle.
The Business Development Manager should be creative and flexible, representing an aggressive team in an evolving organization. The ability to deal with ambiguous situations, work effectively within a team, and deal respectfully with others will be paramount.
Required Knowledge, Responsibilities and Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to analyze and describe competitive offerings and create unique positioning statements for the Cisco brand, for direct and partner channels.
- Specific networking industry experience and extensive business knowledge, built upon a strong technology foundation, preferably with a sales background.
- Knowledge of Service Provider, Enterprise Service Delivery Models, ITIL/eTOM, as well as commercial & end client P&L development.
- A strong fiscal aptitude, having held comprehensive budget and ROI responsibilities for multi-million dollar projects/programs.
- Knowledge of Cisco networking, collaboration, and data center technologies, as well as related operational management requirements.
- Drive the growth of the CMS business through direct and indirect solution selling
- Engage with sales teams as needed to shape Cloud & Managed Services contracts and to assist with customer presentations.
- Support Cisco Field and Partner staff in ongoing training and development of skills to sell Cloud & Managed Services offerings.
- Drive Remote Management Services programs to Cisco’s top-tier customer segments, ideally with global experience and with strong dedication to customer success.
- Design and execute a structured data collection program in order to perform a solid situation analysis.
- Create an CMS bookings forecast for assigned markets or accounts that stands up to scrutiny. Calculate costs of delivery and therefore margin expectations for specific CMS customer opportunities.
- Design innovative programs that increase awareness, general leads, strengthen Sales/Partner relationships, and build sales opportunities for Cloud & Managed Services offerings.
- Effectively manage projects with Service Delivery, Engineering, and Product Management teams in order to develop new cross-functional services and support solutions for data center and enterprise collaboration solutions to address specific customer requirements.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, creativity and a determination to reach goals and objectives with minimal management intervention and control. An ability to work independently but also to lead teams in the completion of important projects and major initiatives
- Strong leadership, project management, influencing, negotiation and decision-making, coupled with sound judgment. Ability to manage, within functional teams and across the organization, multiple large and complex projects. Highly organized with excellent follow-through.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal communications and presentation skills. Ability to build relationships with peers and higher level management among Cisco sales/marketing staff, business units, partners, and customers. Ability to gather and communicate complex technical or marketing issues clearly.