The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position of Business Development Officer - Abuja at the Institute’s Station in Abuja.
Position / Responsibilities
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assess the current state of agricultural input production, marketing and consumption in the project countries and mandate areas in particular and characterize the stage the agricultural input supply system is in ( using IFDC classification )
- Establish strategic framework for sustainable agricultural input business development
- Identify existing partnership and initiative in the agricultural input business sector
- Identify business opportunities and prospective and potential successful business alliance
- Participate in platform ( establish these if needed ) on legume crop value chains and establish business incubation partnership; set up meeting with prospective partners and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for fund raising and assist in applying for grants for business development and establishment; liaise with donor community on possible grant making for business incubation and development
- Conduct and oversee advocacy for business development and promotional campaigns
- Report to project management on development and achievement in promoting business development
Qualification, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Agric Economics, Agribusiness, Economics or other related Social Science and Agricultural fields.
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ experience in Business Development or Project Administration.
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
- Good team spirit and also be able to participate as a team member in multicultural organization
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.