The Business Development Services (BDS) Manager is responsible for delivering improvements in the performance and competitiveness of target SME's / Suppliers ensuring readiness to participate in the GE supply chain. Business Development support commences prior to investment, ensuring a robust business plan that can be brought before an Investment Committee for review.
- Manage the engagement with the different GE Business Units to ensure alignment of needs and prioritization of activities.
- Identification of SME's / Suppliers aligned to the needs of the GE Value chain.
- Provide the link between the external BDS providers and the GE supplier qualification requirements.
- Utilize experience in the assessment of the SME and implementation of actions to get the business investment ready (if required) and qualified
- Act as the conduit between GE and the supplier.
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory and reputation requirements
- Foster the link with Supplier Quality teams to identify supplier capabilities and gaps and drive strategies to ensure capacity is available to meet GE business growth plans
- Leverage internal functional support to assist and mentor SMME's in the development of internal capacity (HR, Legal, Finance, IT and Training)
- Link with the GE Customer Innovation Center to deliver relevant workshops and training for target SME's.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of GE's capabilities.
- Assist in defining additional market opportunities within GE and in relevant industries.
- Provide relevant post investment / qualification support to ensure the sustainability of the Supplier
- Seek and implement innovative actions to deliver a strong local supplier base for GE in Africa.
- Lead a team of Supplier Development Managers to deliver on cross-functional program management in the identification and qualification of new suppliers.
- Promote GE values and integrity