The job holder will carry out responsibilities detailed below in the assigned location within the Middle East & Africa region
Ø Acceptance Development
Ø Merchant/Retailer Business Development
Ø Acquiring Bank Business development
Ø Regulatory over sight (in relation to Interchange impact on acceptance )
This individual is the 'Go To' person for Acceptance Development across the UAE, ensuring alignment between the individual market 'go-to-market' approaches and the overall MEA Acceptance Development strategy, taking into account the region's longer term strategic initiatives.
Establish new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to sustain MasterCard’s competitive advantage and tracking performance against key objectives. This individual will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with both acquirers and merchants across the assigned territory.
Fundamental to accelerating the development of the assigned territory’s business, is the backbone of strong acceptance in partnership with key Acquirers and National retailers. The individual will be responsible for developing a dedicated Acquirer/Retailer plan, along the lines of the current “issuer” business development model, however focused exclusively on Acceptance Development across the assigned territory.
Understanding of MasterCard P&L and how to maximize revenue through an effective acceptance strategy.
The individual will support in the assigned territory’s Interchange strategies, in collaboration with all regional and local cross functional teams. The successful candidate will be required to support in the assigned territory’s Regulatory dialogue and support Country Management, on all matters relating to Acceptance.
Critical to the success of this role will require the candidate to enhance merchant/retailer relationships by creating value along the lines of relevant and specific value added offers, campaigns and promotions to promote the use of the brand at POI. The candidate should possess the ability to not only facilitate such initiatives but also to measure the success.
Managing co-brand relationships within the assigned territory will also form an important component of the candidate’s responsibilities. Becoming the go to person on all issues relating to co-brands.
• Analyze business opportunities to increase share and revenue. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
• Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability
• Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
• In partnership with Divisional Market Development resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans.
• Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation
• Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place
• Actively contribute to the individual market Acceptance Development efforts
• Drive ATM and POS acceptance in new channels
• Work with and/or compete with local switches to grow acceptance
• Priorities work streams taking into account financial viability and time to market on projects.
• Project manages initiatives – from concept through to implementation.
Key Competencies sought:
• Business Acumen
• Knowledge leadership
• Finance and planning
• Solution drive
• Results orientation
• Strong Analytical ability
• Project Management
• Influence; Assertive, Initiative
• Autonomy, Independence, Accountable and Responsibly
• Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
• Commitment, Passion and Energy
• Ability to work with team as well as independently
• 10+ years experience in the financial services and payments business
• Deep business development and marketing experience
• Strong project management, problem solving, analytical and organizational experience
• Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and / or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
• Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
• Business Case development, including financial analytics
• Budget preparation and management
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Solid solution development skills and effective working both independently and in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
• BComm required, MBA preferred