The Emerging Payments Platforms Product Manager – Middle East and Africa will be responsible for product strategies and implementation plans for MasterCard Emerging Payments Platforms in Middle East and Africa.
The position will manage InControl, Chip, Contactless, Bill Payment, P2P, Remittances, and Authentication services. The product manager will have direct and indirect P&L responsibility for the Platform products, which represent the largest direct revenue generator within Emerging Payments.
He/she will work in alignment with the APMEA and global product organization, market development and account management teams to diversify MasterCard’s business through market leadership in Emerging Payments Platforms products.
Specific responsibilities will include the following:
§ Direct the successful delivery of Emerging Payments Platforms projects in MEA region as agreed with regional and global management
§ Develop and execute Emerging Payment Platform strategies to differentiate MasterCard offerings so as to directly influence brand decisions and customer loyalty
• Direct the development and execution of go to market strategies for commercializing MasterCard Emerging Payments Platform technologies
• Identify and develop local partnerships to help accelerate the delivery of Emerging Payments Platforms product and solutions.
• Influence global Platforms product development by contributing MEA specific as well as general product requirements
• Work with APMEA Emerging Payments, MEA Regional and country management in the prioritization of opportunities. Allocate time and resources according to such prioritization
• Ensure quality deployment and implementations. Assume overall end-to-end management responsibilities for quality assurance
• Effectively engage Consumer and Customer Marketing, Customer Delivery, Communications and other colleagues in MEA to support the launch of new products, features and functionality.
• Identify strategic business-building opportunities in products and services that can be offered, developed and implemented to customers
• Contribute to a culture of innovation and responsiveness that differentiate MasterCard from competition and establish strong teamwork with other team members
• At least 7 years of relevant experience in the payment industry in product management, market development, product development preferably with at least 5+ years of these total professional experience in Emerging Payments area.
• Leadership position in one or more markets in MEA
• Ideal candidate would have launched and / or managed an Emerging Payments service within financial institution or telco or a payment service provider
• Familiarity with MasterCard systems a strong plus
• Experience in developing Emerging Payments services in MEA
• Strong operational/technical background within the payments and financial services industries
• Leadership experience in product management and development
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to interpret macro-economic and demographic trends, with an ability to craft research and validation processes that support the selection of features and functions that support Emerging Payments payment growth opportunities
• Strong project management and communication skills a must