Work with senior business leadership to define the IT efforts needed to create, support, and/or enhance the business’ products, services, and offerings. The incumbent will be the direct interface, the liaison, between the Business Owners and MasterCard Technology. Incumbent will work with Business Owners to define the portfolio of projects to be pursued in defined planning periods. The portfolio may consist of medium-to-smaller projects needed to drive franchise-level initiatives that will result in efficiencies or more effective policies and procedures. Provide indirect leadership to project managers and “pooled” business analysts assigned to the portfolio on a matrix basis. Assemble and develop effective project teams to deliver against aggressive customer expectations. Provide counsel to business leadership in the assessment of project opportunities, to advance a portfolio that optimizes spend for the related line(s) of business.
• Responsible for planning, monitoring, executing and implementing projects within a portfolio. Communicates overall health of the portfolio to business leadership, and collaborates closely to readjust or reprioritize when obstacles or opportunities necessitate redirection.
• Provide advanced business knowledge, and collaborate with efforts of Project Managers as they work with IT support groups to allocate work tasks. Work closely with project members and requesters identifying deliverables and functions throughout projects’ lifecycles. Ensure the projects or efforts are adequately staffed, trained and managed.
• Ensure successful delivery, which may include: development and management of overall project plan, schedule & budget adherence, status reporting, escalations, testing, user approval, final corrections, and methodology compliance across the portfolio of projects.
• Manage effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines. Will participate strongly in the definition and development of project requirements and analyze requirements to provide a recommended solution.
Manage relationship with project teams throughout MasterCard Technology, which may include the project requesters. Provide senior management level status reports.
• Log, track, and resolve project -related issues. Coordinate multiple project efforts.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities on a regular basis, displaying mentoring ability, project leadership and delegation, follow-through, team participation, and self-management skills.
• Provide technical consultancy as needed for key initiatives
• Responsible for prudently managing the Portfolio Investment Fund for the Region
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and relevant experience required.
• Advanced degree preferred. MBA strongly preferred
• PMP certification preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and strong experience in the mobile and/or eCommerce market.
• Demonstrated expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required.
• Extensive knowledge of MasterCard and/or the payments industry. Strong understanding of finance and return-on-investment. Familiarity with multiple (5+) payment business applications (credit, debit, PIN transactions, etc.) in addition to subject matter expertise in several markets
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in management/strategy consulting, financial services, e-Business and/or related areas.
• Strong business acumen. Understands how organizations function, and the factors necessary for success in the industry
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills.
• Advanced leadership, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrated experience in managing staff and successful project delivery.
• Extensive knowledge of project management processes and techniques.
• Good understanding of structured methodology and project planning tools.
• Listening, oral, written and presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Superior customer focus, with both internal and external customers
• Excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
• Track record for building effective teams
• Comfortable around senior management. Can influence without creating undue conflict or resistance
• Very good at conflict management.
• Comfortable with dual reporting lines
• Some travel may be required.