• Provides timely and relevant client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making: weekly and monthly performance reports in relation to income, expenses, pipelines, key client activity, etc
• Quality control and management of all Business reporting and MIS for IB, Corp Fin and DS
• Financial Control - Performance Monitoring and Variance analysis
• Be able to gather, interpret, analyze and present both financial and non financial information
• Provide adhoc reports and presentations for IB from time to time.
Financial & Management Control Functions
• Preparation of budgets for Investment Banking and its constituent units
• Monitoring budget vs performance
• Manage the General Ledger for IB, including Cost/profit Centre codes
• Assist with the management of the IB’s financial reports and other performance management targets including revenue and costs.
• Prepare weekly and month-end reports for management use - Internal Exco purposes as well as for matrix reporting purposes
• Preparation of Presentations for performance reporting purposes
• Work with stakeholders to “project manage” agreed actions arising from management meetings
• Liaise with Finance department on recognition of income and tax related issues.
• Keep and maintain adequate records of all business performance management data.
• Invoice tracking for IB
Risk & Compliance Functions
• Liaising with Risk & Compliance on behalf of the IB
• Managing the Risk Self Control Assessment Grid and coordinating the implementation of action points in the grid
• Acting as custodian of Risk & Compliance policies on behalf of the IB and monitoring compliance with same
• Preparing risk-related reports as and when needed
Assist in Annual Credit reviews for transactions in Investment Banking
• Track and monitor client product utilisations and revenue reporting
• Review provisioning of classified Risk Assets in IB’s loan book
• Preparing files for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division;
• Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional and international Financial markets;
• Ensuring all requisite administration and filing matters in relation to function are maintained and up to date;
• Assisting senior members of the IB and business heads in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
• Ensuring that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
• Preparing Ad-hoc financial and other reports and presentations for IB
• Liaise with IT on capturing/treatment/reporting of IB transactions on the Bank’s Banking applicatio