• To assist GM heads across MENA in coordinating, driving and directing effective Front Office supervision, controls and risk management.
• Ensure global best practice and consistency around the region, implementing controls, managing regulatory and internal requirements.
• Work with global peers and the regional Business Manager to ensure appropriate evolution of the business control environment.
1. Lead and support Operational Risk initiatives for the region
2. To be source of reference within the business unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of Operational Risk and compliance requirements
3. Ensure that MENA GM is in a permanent state of audit readiness
4. Coordination of audits affecting the GM business across the region. Ensure lessons learnt are disseminated around the region and acted upon.
5. Proactively communicate with the Business Unit head and OR on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events as appropriate.
6. Review, design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
7. Ensure timely and accurate completion of CSTs and KRIs.
• Regional Business Manager
• Regional COO
• Head of Global Markets across MENA
• Desk Heads
• Financial Markets Operations
• Legal & Compliance
• Dealing Room Administraion
• Internal Audit
• Business COOs
KNOW HOW AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have Operational Risk and Financial Markets experience
• Candidates must have a working knowledge of FX
• A broad understanding of FM core products, business network and structure
• Background in GM Sales and Trading/ Risk Management/Operations or Business Finance
• Interpersonal skills in networking, communication and influence are likely to be important in a multifunctional and multicultural team environment
• Previous project management and organization skills would be an advantage
• Excellent PC skills
• A focused individual who is an excellent communicator with good numerical skills, who has the ability to influence others by showing initiative and creativity.
• Understand the WB regional aspirations and the strategy required to deliver these.
• Quick to recognize gaps and opportunities that would improve operating procedures, people development, risk management and infrastructure.