We are currently recruiting for a Business Services Coordinator on a residential basis located at our office in Abu Dhabi. The successful candidate will provide support to our projects and will oversee the work of the Cost Engineers.
- Responsible for Cost Control Services including those of Project Estimating (where required), Budget Control, Cost Control and Reporting and Risk Analysis. Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Understand the corporate and contract specific estimating procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Proficient in the use of the corporate estimating tool. Compliance to the corporate and contract specific project controls procedures.
- Participate in functional audits.
- Proficiency Proficient in risk analysis.
- Provide guidance and assistance for the development of project controls personnel.
- Proficiency in Industry standard processes and toolsets.
- Understanding all relevant Contract specific documents relating to the project controls management.
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all contract specific requirements such as Value of Work Done and Expenditure Forecast reporting.
- Oversee the activities of Cost Engineers assigned to projects.
- Ensuring corporate/functional improvements are successfully rolled out to the Cost team.
- Establish inter-company agreements / sub-contracts and manage the associated commercial aspects.
- Provide support to technical team with the compilation of call-off engineering packages for existing call-off contracts and in addition agree rates for intercompany agreements and intercompany sub-contracts
Technical / Business Skills:
- Knowledge in a Project Services role within the Oil & Gas Industry
Interface with Client
- You are expected to interface with the Clients Commercial team to ensure all aspects of commercial administration is being managed correctly in terms of reporting and invoicing.
Manage Project Cost Functions
- You are expected to build relationships with the Project Teams, developing your knowledge of their requirements to provide the cost support and data the teams require.
- Set up/projects within the cost system including project control budgets following client estimate / change approval.
- Work proactively with relevant project and discipline engineers to ensure that commitments and costs are controlled.
- Work closely with Finance, Supply Chain, Planning and Estimating, Business Development and other Functions.
- Produce regular cost reports highlighting forecast overruns and work with project engineers on corrective actions.
- Required to provide expert advice where requested, to validate expenditure man-hours, actual costs (including vendors and materials) and sub-contracts.
- Also responsible for providing monthly VOWD, Maintaining current commitment reporting, reviewing expenditure against estimates and assessing the impact of cost over/under-runs by preparing trend analyses and options.
Manage and Operate Systems
- The key systems you will use are Oracle utilised for time-writing (reports created in Oracle Discoverer), MS Excel utilised for all Cost Management and Microsoft applications Outlook, Word, and Power point etc.
- Prepare Estimates based on the input from discipline and arrange to get approval from Client.
- Also expected to develop a level of knowledge of the systems you use that will allow support to Project management, Finance Analysts, and colleagues in the Project Team(s) and to develop solutions and improvements to the systems and how they are used.
- You will be required to provide support to Business Development team by providing input to rate build up and commercial proposals.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Good communication skills to ensure correct information is being sought and received from all other departments.
- Be able to work with and form a bond with team
- Self motivated and driven with the ability to provide suggestions and solutions.
- Accepts responsibilities and accountability for decision making and cost requirements. Good co-ordination skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to build and maintain effective Client relationships
- Understand the corporate and contract specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to the cost management of allocated project(s).
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are in place.
- Setting up project/projects within Computerised Cost System to agreed format.
- Establishing project control budgets based on the client approved Project Control Estimate.
- Assisting Project Management in identifying and gaining approval of Estimates/ Change Requests.
- Ensure that cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements) is being reviewed and input to the computerised cost control and reporting system on a weekly basis and ensuring that all information is accurate and correctly input.
- Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner. Highlighting areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement.
- Ensure that comprehensive accessible registers are maintained of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Project man-hours and the allocation of man-hours are reviewed in conjunction with Planning on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with the finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with the contract.
- All rates are maintained within Computerised Cost System and up to date and all rate uplifts are implemented. Advise Project Management of additional costs involved and assist in obtaining additional approval from client.
- Check that all estimates meet contract requirements and all relevant cost information is fed back to the estimates.
- When Project specific Cost Procedures are in place ensure they have been implemented in full.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant corporate cost software.
- Ensure that adequate control of commitment is in place.
- Supervise and encourage less senior personnel, including checking their work where and when required.
- Train and encourage business services graduates in the completion of their cost learning objectives.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required.
- Ensure that the Corporate and Project Specific Change Control procedures are being adhered to.
- Report and measure how the change control effort is impacting on the project.
- Continually advise and train Project Engineering and Management on impact of Change Control on their project.
- Any other duties appropriate to this position.
Business & Industry Experience:
- Project cost experience is essential, preferably in an E&C type environment including planning experience across both minor modifications and large capex projects
- Degree or HNC with equivalent experience
- Good general understanding of Cost Management, Estimating and Change Control
- Considerable experience in a project controls role
- High degree of computer literacy
- Skilled in the supervision of project controls personnel
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who can input to the resolution of problems
- Strong commercial focus
Why is WGPSN ?where you want to be
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there is always opportunities for the best people to fast track their career through understanding and living the company?s core values
- We have operate globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career