- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- Weekly reviewing performance indicators, e.g. sales and MD levels;
- Stock levels management
- Reacting to changes in consumer demands
- Coordinating changes in logistics
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract on a buy level
- Maintaining / building relationships with existing suppliers
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed
- Work closely with our marketing team to ensure promotional activities are in line with our objectives;
- Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
- Presenting post buys to mgt;
- Liaising with regions to ensure product/collections meet demand;
- Seeking merchandise feedback from regions
- 3 years buying experience is mandatory
- Menswear experience is required.
- Experience with luxury brands is and advantage.
- Strong analytical skills
- Already working for a fashion retailer within the premium or high end market
- Have a strong eye for identifying product that will sell in line with the brand ethos and market needs
- Be a strong negotiator
- Excellent commercial awareness and have well developed relationships with suppliers
- Team player
- Happy to spend extended periods travelling, approx.
- Strong work ethic