Work directly with merchandising team to purchase fashion merchandise locally and internationally. In addition you will assist in analyzing market and trade data to provide through understanding of customers.
- Make frequent market trips.
- Plan and select merchandise assortments.
- Represent the organization to vendors.
- Negotiate with vendors for favorable terms and services.
- Price merchandise to generate desired profits.
- Experiment with new merchandising trends and vendors.
- Identify fast-selling and slow-selling products.
- Maintain well-balanced stocks and assortments.
- Manage the buying plan.
- Analyze competition to evaluate their merchandise assortment, prices and merchandise presentation.
- Forecast consumer demand and market trends.
- Assist with developing merchandising strategies for a product line.
- Develop an awareness of fashion trends.
- Identify needs and wants of consumer.
- Generate reports as required.
- Ability to spend plenty of time in the market scouting for the right merchandize.
- A strong sense for fashion and interpreting trends.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with fashion markets locally and internationally.
- Strong organization skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent human relationship building skills.
- Proven track record of setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proved leadership skills.
- High enthusiasm about fashion.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Ability to use computers especially Excel.
- B.Sc Minimum.