- Responsible for managing the control and instrumentation, and potentially electrical, design aspects of substation refurbishment/re-kit projects and leading electrical/control aspects of major infrastructure projects from system studies and investment appraisals through to detailed design
- Act as Lead Engineer on design projects or on electrical, control and instrumentation aspects of multidisciplinary utilities infrastructure design projects.
- Liaison with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Specification, selection and justification of relevant equipment.
- Generation of Front End Engineering Design packages.
- Relevant equipment assessment and justification reports.
- Production of Commissioning Procedures.
- Production of Technical Specifications.
- Control Panel/Room Layout Reliability Assessment
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Control and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Chartered Engineer.
- Able to demonstrate sound technical experience.
- A sufficient and appropriate level of building services and controls experience gained within a client organisation, engineering consultancy or equipment supplier.
- Project management, including controls, planning and estimating and preparation of deliverable/work package.
- Working within a multi-discipline engineering team and having a general appreciation of other disciplines' constraints and requirements.
- Nuclear safety case issues and NII site licence conditions.
- Building management systems.
- Fire detection and alarms.
- Experience of the nuclear industry.
- Experience of IEE Wiring Regulations 17th edition BS7671.
- Experience of transmission (132kV+) electrical plant and configuration design.
- Experience of distribution (up to 132kV) electrical plant and configuration design.
- Experience of protection and control design at Transmission and Distribution voltages.
- A confident and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate creativity.
- Self motivated and committed to further study.
- Ability to work within a team.