Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Optimum Energies is a global energy company in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: C & P Senior Drilling Contracts Specialist
Department: Contracts and Procurement
Travel: Full flexibility to travel/Relocate to Warri as required.
- Responsible for all Drilling Contracts activities in Warri & Lagos.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- To coordinate C&P activities in the, Drilling & Engineering Departments.
- To assist the Head, C & P Department in the implementation of the C&P processes and procedures across the relevant departments.
- To assist the Head, C & P at the strategy and planning stage, to develop C&P strategy and contracting plans. Work with Sponsors in the Drilling & Engineering to prepare contracting strategies and contract plans for each year.
- Work closely with the Drilling & Engineering Departments in developing work scopes, prepare invitations to tender (ITT’s) and requests for quotations (RFQ’s), prepare tender and bid documents.
- Responsibility for drafting contracts for all Drilling Services. Although Warri based there will be extensive travel to Lagos, Benin, the Field and various Contractors premises as required
- Coordinate technical and commercial evaluations, prepare draft contracts and negotiate commercial terms.
- Liaise closely with, Drilling & Engineering and Sponsors to ensure all contracts are tendered for and executed in line with the C & P Procedures on a timely basis.
- To work closely with NPDC as Operator of OML42/other stakeholders and represent the organization in the actual tendering exercises pertaining to Drilling & Engineering to ensure that industry best practices especially as it pertains to C & P procedures and processes are adhered to and Neconde’s interests are fully protected.
- Assist NPDC in setting Technical and Commercial criteria for Drilling & Engineering tender evaluations.
- Monitor Contracts & PO creation (w.r.t Drilling & Engineering) by NPDC to ensure the terms and conditions are water-tight and the JV interest is protected particularly as a Non-Operator.
- Facilitate contract negotiation meetings in conjunction with the Head, Contracts and the Sponsors/Contract Holders if and when necessary.
- Facilitate the proper filing of all hard and soft documentation in respect of the Tender/Contract from tender initiation to Contract close-out stage in conjunction with the C & P Department.
- Facilitate kick off meetings with Contractors in close conjunction with the Drilling & Engineering Sponsors/Contract Holders prior to the finalization of contracts if and when necessary ensuring that Contractors meet the tendered and pre-contract execution requirements.
- Facilitate monthly/quarterly Suppliers meetings and assist with performance review and identification of performance and cost improvement opportunities.
- Initiate action for inclusion of appropriate incentives in contracts and execution of work.
- Creation and maintenance of functional register of all Contractors/Vendors within the Drilling & Engineering Departments in conjunction with the C & P Department - Document Controller/Systems Analyst ensuring the updating of all data in this regard.
- The regular review of all tender items/contracts within the Drilling & Engineering Departments ensuring that time schedules are being adhered to and contract ceiling values are not exceeded.
Additional Duties/Responsibilities with regards to Category Management are:
- In partnership with internal customers, develop appropriate sourcing strategies which support the overall business and procurement strategy.
- Educate internal customers to ensure broad understanding and awareness of contracting strategy, and the value creation benefits of the contracting function.
- Develop and manage strategic supplier relationships, including negotiation of contracts and agreements with the support of senior stakeholders.
- Set strategies and priorities for the category and subcategories ensuring that appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the strategies, including the delivery of significant savings as agreed with senior stakeholders.
- Assist the Cost Engineers/Sponsors in managing the analysis of spend and share best practices.
- Focal point for Contracts (But more relevantly, to the Drilling & Engineering Department )
- Coordinate a continuous improvement in the tendering and contracting process
- Cost identification and savings through improved contract pricing structures.
- Adherence to stakeholder (NNPC/NPDC/NAPIMS/NCDMB) and internal (C & P) procedures.
- Budget Monitoring support to management in respect of Contracting strategies and monitoring.
- Protection against liabilities and claims and secure compliance with all contractual and legal obligations.
- Steering of risks analysis exercises in respect of Contracts vis-a-vis projects especially Drilling Programs.
- Elimination of unfavourable terms and conditions in contracts.
- Ensuring that contract ceilings and durations are not exceeded.
- Monitoring contractor performance and provide measurements of performance such as numbers of non-compliance reports issued, Non Performance record of contractor, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 7 - 12yrs experience in the International Oil & Gas Industry with an Operator.
- Prior experience of setting up Drilling contracts from scratch & managing them is preferable.
- Must have a proven track record of strong commercial and business skills along with very strong IT skills, ability to manage stakeholder (NNPC/NAPIMS/NPDC/NCDMB) relationship.
- Must have extensive contacts network within the Oil & Gas service companies.
Application Closing Date
10th July 2015
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and recent CV to the company's email address