- NGO/Community Services & Dev
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 3 - 5 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- To be responsible for the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
- Advanced university degree in the Social/Behavioural Sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, and Heath Education) with emphasis on strategic communication panning nor behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication and research.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experiences in the adaptation and application of communication planning process to specific programmes.
- Fluency in English and the local working language of the duty station
- Knowledge of current developments in the fields of: communication theory, motivational psychology, adult learning theory indigenous media, community organization and participation strategic communication interventions.
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary approach in programme development and implementation in programme communication, social mobilisation and behavioural change.
- Knowledge and experience in emergency operations and management.
- Knowledge of and skills in programme communication, networking, advocacy and negotiation.
- Knowledge of training/facilitation and impact evaluation of communication intervention
- Knowledge and experience to organize and implement training, including development of curricula and methodologies.
- Knowledge of community capacity building.
- Knowledge and experience in the methods of communication to clearly and concisely express ideas concepts in written and oral form and to listen to and acknowledges others' perspectives and views.
- Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience, including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office applications.