• Deliver all capacity development-related activities for local, national and regional partner NGOs and their networks in diverse areas of organizational development (leadership and management, financial management, human resources management, partner relations, communications, monitoring and evaluation, grant management, technology utilization and others).
• Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas of the program.
• Conduct organizational capacity assessments (OCA), network analysis (ONA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI) with partners.
• Provide technical direction in activity planning for all capacity development components.
• Develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies.
• Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the partners.
• Ensure integration of organizational capacity development with other technical support the project will provide to partners.
• Lead in program monitoring, evaluating, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building.
• Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of activities planning, monitoring, and implementation.
• Contribute to the development of annual workplans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
• Ensure proper administration of logistical aspects related to capacity development activities.
• Remain up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements and ensure that the project CD results are consistent with the best practices of the industry.
• Actively participate in Pact’s capacity development community of practice.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Masters or a related advanced degree in international development, organizational development, business or public management or a related area.
• A minimum of 5 years related experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity building programs.
• Substantial demonstrated experience in development the capacity of large NGOs and networks.
• Knowledge of US government rules and regulations.
• Strong planning and inter-cultural communication skills required.
• Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity development field.
• Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
• Quick learner.
• Ability to work independently and produce timely and high quality results.
• Experience working on other US Government-funded projects pertaining to technical and organization capacity development is a plus.
• Fluency in English and French is mandatory.
• Nationals of West Africa countries preferred.
• Travel regionally (up to 30%) and occasionally to the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.