The Master has the overall authority and responsibility for the operations of the vessel with due regard for the safety and the protection of its crew and the environment.
The Master maintains pro-actively all communication lines with both client and base / office management.
OPERATIONAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall management, planning, organization and control of all vessel activities;
- Operational excellence and display of Seamanship;
- Implement / maintain the Company's policies
- Ensure the vessel complies with Flag State, Classification Society and Local Rules and Regulations at all times;
- Safe navigation of the vessel whilst in transit, on location and berthing and un-berthing in port;
- Maintain the Ship Security Plan and ensure compliance with the ISPS Code.
Qualifications / Experience
- Fully licensed Master of Vessel Unlimited in accordance with STCW 95;
- DP Certified, where applicable;
- Valid Medical Certificate;
- Training and up to date certification in accordance with STCW 95 and Flag State Regulations;
- Genuine, proven and documented Offshore Seamanship.