Reporting to the Head of Provider Services, Care Coordinators will
- Leverage their clinical expertise and extensive knowledge of the Nigerian health care system, will plan, coordinate, implement and monitor medical services delivered to enrolled members under the Avon HMO plans.
- Analyze trends for internal monitoring purposes and external reporting
- Liaise with other departments in order to improve overall customer service
- Uses available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Associate degree in Nursing Or a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
Required Work Experience:
- Five years of recent clinical experience in a defined specialty area, such as oncology, cardiology, neonatology, maternity, rehabilitation services, mental health/chemical dependency, orthopedic or general medicine/surgery
- Or five years of utilization review, case management, clinical or a combination of experience; three of the five years must be clinical experience.
- Previous case management and case note auditing experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and demonstrated ability with these activities.
- Knowledge of contract language and its application.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and make sound decisions.
- Good judgment
- Demonstrated customer service, organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to persuade, negotiate or influence others.
- Analytical or critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word or other word processing software.
- Team player
- Ability to drive.