The Cash Based Intervention Officer will primarily be responsible for implementing and monitoring a cash delivery mechanism to replace lost assets and support small scale businesses for IDPs, and Non Food Item distribution (if feasible) of the Humanitarian multi-sectoral Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program in Yobe state, Nigeria implemented by ACF and funded by USAID. The livelihood restoration sub sector aims to protect and restore the livelihoods of people affected by insurgency in Yobe State through the replacement or rehabilitation of pre-existing livelihood assets and inputs, through cash based interventions and capacity building to improve skills or production in new or pre-existing livelihood assets.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Implement a cash transfer mechanism where population can receive, redeem and spend the transfer timely and safely within program objectives and ACF procedures
- Ensure that all activities are in compliance with ACF’s Cash Based Interventions Guidelines in coordination with Admin and logistics Department
- Ensure tracking and reporting on payments, generate distribution reports, and set up a complaint response mechanism (CRM)
- Capacity building and coaching of field staff in the cash transfer mechanism and livelihood restoration activities
- Provide support to FSL Deputy Program Manager and RRM Specialist in program implementation.