Cash Officer will directly report to Cash Deputy Program Manager and will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Yobe State (LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria. From 2015 to 2016, ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
• Provide support to the Cash Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
• Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the FSL activities.
• Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve FSL/Cash Base Interventions knowledge, attitudes and practices
• Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups
• Ensure the proper HR management of the field based Cash team
Degree in Accountancy and food security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering, Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
• Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
• Previous experience with Cash, food security and livelihoods programming.
• Three years relevant work experience
• Capacity to supervise a team
• Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
• Fluency in Hausa, Kanoori and English
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
• Previous team management and activity planning experience
• Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
• Previous experience with ACF
• Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
• Analytical capacity
• Good relational qualities
• Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems
• Good knowledge of implementing projects
• Capacity to write high quality reports.