- Cash Officer will directly report to Cash Deputy Program Manager and will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to the Cash Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Facilitate program coordination and monitoring and evaluation of the FSL activities.
- Facilitate community mobilisation activities to support targeting and registration of beneficiaries and improve FSL/Cash Base Interventions knowledge, attitudes and practices.
- Represent ACF externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups.
- Ensure the proper HR management of the field based Cash team.
- Degree in Accountancy and food security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering, Development Studies etc.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with Cash, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Capacity to supervise a team
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and Englis
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous team management and activity planning experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Analytical capacity
- Good relational qualities
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems
- Good knowledge of implementing projects
- Capacity to write high quality reports.