· Bsc/B.A/Msc in social sciences, geography, anthropology or other discipline relevant to urban/rural livelihoods.
· Substantial experience of relief or development / extension work with rural communities.
· Demonstrated experience planning and managing cash transfer and food security programs.
· Knowledge and experience of project development, monitoring and evaluation, preferably in the area of cash transfers and / or food security.
· Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
· Knowledge of Household Economy Approach to food security and livelihoods assessment.
· Skills related to participatory research methods, computer literacy and numerical skills.
· Understanding of the non-partisan status of an international NGO.
· Good communication, presentation, training and report writing skills.
· Ability to take a proactive approach in community capacity building, either directly or through facilitation of suitable support.
· Experience in leading a team in fieldwork with communities.
· Willingness to work in isolated rural areas with basic living conditions, and work in difficult field conditions.
· Knowledge of Hausa language.
· Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
· Experience in institutional strengthening of government and or local NGOs.
· Knowledge and experience of Child Rights Programming approaches.
· An understanding of nutrition and behaviour change communications activities