. Greet customers as they arrive in the store and provide them with information about products and/or services.
• Respond to customers’ complaints and resolve their issues.
• Take payment in exchange of items sold.
• Enter transactions in the cash register and provide customers with the total bill.
• Sort and count currency and coins.
• Issue receipts and change to customers.
• Process exchanges and refunds.
• Ensure that all checkout counters have enough cash.
• Process credit card and check payments.
• Issue trading stamps and gift cards.
• Perform the duties of customer service representative when required.
• Maintain periodic sales reports and spreadsheets.
• Ensure management of daily cash accounts.
• Maintain periodic transaction reports.
• Ensure maintenance of check out areas.
• Resolve customer complaints in a proactive manner.
• Open and close tills.
• Train other staff members to work as cashier.
• Keep the work area tidy and clean.