• Lead the technical work on cassava and along the value chain.
• Lead the preparation of the technical reports of the cassava value chain as required by the donor and in conformity with the IITA requirements.
• Make necessary arrangements and work out logistics for project workshops, meetings, and monitoring tours related to the cassava value chain.
• Work out logistics for all training activities related to the cassava value chain planned under this project.
• Lead a series of regional trials of near-finished cassava cultivars in all participating countries.
• Provide leadership in designing, planning, and implementing on-Farm/Demonstration Trials.
• Include the youth in project implementation as a way of generating jobs in agribusiness.
• Present the activities, results, and impacts of the cassava value chain of the project at scientific meetings within and outside the region; and present scientific papers for publication in peer- reviewed journals s appropriate.
• Assist and collaborate fully with specialists involved in project areas such as Socio-Economics, Farmer Participatory Research, Agronomy, Natural Resource Management and External Advisory Committees; and
• Undertake any other project-related task assigned by the Outreach Program Coordinator or the Director General of IITA or his designated representative.