The Category Manager will be required to lead strategy development, NPD and consumer communication.
This position is responsible for setting and delivering the growth objectives for the category and working with the Marketing Director to continuously improve company performance and skills in key marketing investment areas.
- To develop a clear vision for the category at local level in line with regional and global strategic imperatives, and to generate annual and three-year brand plans to deliver the vision. There is full P&L responsibility.
- To lead the development and implementation of the annual business plan, monitor performance and competitor activity and recommend adjustments to the marketing mix
- To deliver a product development programme to generate consistent sales and profit growth
- To recruit, coach and develop direct reports into truly exceptional Marketers
- To co-ordinate the development and maintenance of effective local Sales/Marketing interface to ensure effective execution of business plans
- To lead, where appropriate, the selection of local external Service Agencies and to develop and manage professional working relationships
- To lead and/or contribute to international projects with partners in the the company’s Group
- Balancing the priorities of the global category with local business strategy.
- Developing and managing the category in an increasingly competitive environment with threats from other global FMCG organisations, private label, and discounters
- Maximum of 7 years marketing experience, and must be able to demonstrate outstanding marketing skills developed within the FMCG environment
- Educated to minimum bachelors degree level in a business related subject – from a recognised University. A Postgraduate degree in a business related subject will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies :
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute a compelling vision and strategy for advancing the company’s market growth.
- Ability to build winning teams and developing a strong bench for the future.
- Ability to integrate and optimise commercial targets bringing into alignment Brand plans, Customer plans, 4P Execution and other plans relevant to the successful execution of strategy and achievement of goals.
- Ability to develop an in depth understanding of consumer motivations, barriers and behaviours and to exploit market research.
- Ability to develop persuasive advertising that builds brand loyalty.
Personal Profile :
- Strong commercial awareness
- International outlook
- Strong sense of urgency and achievement
- Resilient and able to respond under pressure
- Leadership qualities in impacting, contributing and challenging business strategy
- Ability to influence
- Strong analytical skills
- Financial skills, P&L understanding
- Willing to relocate internationally to pursue career opportunities