Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Ultimately the Head teacher and directly to the School Business Manager
·To deliver an effective and efficient catering facility for all school stakeholders, encompassing menu planning, budgetary control, stock management, and ensuring kitchen health and hygiene regulations are met
· To develop and progress the catering provision to deliver healthy and high quality meals that meet the Appetite for Life National Nutritional Standards
· To support the aims of the school, ensuring that the philosophy of inclusion continues to be the experience of the pupils
· To lead, manage and deploy a team of catering staff to ensure the efficient organisation of the catering provision
· To achieve best value without compromising on
· To be responsible for the performance of the whole school catering provision, including co-ordinating and overseeing in and out of school events catering e.g. conferences, PTA events, parent evenings and school productions
· To negotiate best value contracts with authorised suppliers to ensure the cost effectiveness of the catering service
· To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the catering facility, undertake regular planning meetings with School Business Managerto move the schools catering facilities forward
· To be accountable for inspections undertaken by LA, Environmental Health Inspector and external verifiers ensuring meeting the necessary Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements
· To be responsible for effective use of allocated funding, ensuring value for money
· To ensure the safety of all involved in the catering facilities, undertaking Risk Assessments as appropriate
· To inform the Business & Health and Safety Managers of any defects in heavy equipment or of premises not meeting Health & Safety and or Food Hygiene Regulation Standards
· In addition to the duties outlined above, all employees are required to take care of their own and other people’s health and safety. Leading and Managing Staff:
· To supervise and deploy all catering staff to ensure the efficient organisation of the
catering service, and deal with any staffing problems/issues that arise in consultation with the School Business Manager
· To ensure an appropriate level of sustainability within the staffing structure to enable the catering provision to be delivered in the absence of key personnel.
· To prepare and manage the duty rota for all catering personnel.
· To oversee the preparation, cooking and service arrangements.
· To supervise and deploy supervisors as necessary.
· To undertake Performance Management Reviews, acting as a reviewer for staff in the catering team.
· To continue personal professional development, researching, requesting and undertaking relevant training for all concerned.
· To promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relations and communication.
- High school diploma/ND/HND/BSc
- Previous Experience working with children meal and outdoor food services
- Must be able to pass a local criminal history check