Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. With approximately 90,000 employees in over 70 countries, our aim is to help meet the world’s growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We are looking for remarkable students and graduates to join our team.
In the US, we operate in 50 states and employ about 21,000 people. We are a leading oil and gas producer in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, a recognized pioneer in oil and gas exploration and production technology; and one of America’s leading oil and natural gas producers, gasoline and natural gas marketers and petrochemical manufacturers.
You’ll make an impact as part of a company that is at the forefront of the energy industry, helping us shape the future for everyone.
Job Title: CEO All On
Given its active, long-term presence in the region, Shell sees an opportunity to catalyse market-based energy solutions that are attractive, affordable and sustainable for small businesses and households in Nigeria, through the establishment of an independent, non-profit social enterprise. The social enterprise’s goal is to improve access to energy for Nigerian households and SMEs, with a focus on delivering quality and meaningful access in the Niger Delta. The new enterprise will do so by catalysing innovative and sustainable solutions to address the A2E challenge in unserved and underserved areas in Nigeria through a platform and partner-driven approach.
This role is (an all-round role) an all-encompassing Chief Executive Office, which will require that the holder be the driving force and the public face of the new entity in the market; taking investment and partnership opportunities from scouting and delivery to implementation, monitoring and exit.
Given the partner-driven approach, the CEO is to drive partnership development for the entity, managing the brand of the organisation as well as overseeing investments to deliver increased access to energy in the target geographies and communities.
- Refine business plan and strategy for the entity.
- Develop investment portfolio and conduct due diligence of the business case(s).
- Make investments, obtaining investment committee and/or board approval as needed.
- Ensure that all investments / partners audited in line with selection criteria and due diligence policies.
- Oversee investments and ensure compliance of investment decisions in line with business plan, entity objectives, and regulations.
- Seek and broker partnerships for funding for entity, advocacy activities, and collaboration, e.g., technical expertise, etc.
- Maintain relationships with partner companies.
- Improve the entity's brand to increase partnering opportunities, e.g., through speaking roles, coordinating events, delivering high-quality research products, and develop a collaboration platform.
Management / Risk
- Oversee running of entity's daily operations - ensure it is cost-efficient, profitably and efficiently run.
- Ensure delivery against set targets / KPIs.
- Manage professional development and review process for all team members.
- Drive and maintain strong HSE performance, ABC standards in entity and, where required, investee ventures.
- Take primary responsibility for managing entity's corporate governance framework.
- Maintain accurate accounting records and provide reliable and relevant Fund information to Board / other stakeholders.
• Manage internal stakeholders during the investment cycle, i.e., Board of Directors, Shell partner functions.
• Executive presence required vis-à-vis entrepreneurs, CEO's, co-investors and partner companies.