As the CEO of Yahlive you will strategically position the Company as a long term DTH and FTA neighbourhood for MENA and South West Asia.
You will lead all operations and activities of YahLive, in the strict interest of the Company and manage its affairs according to the decisions taken and guidelines given by the Board.
In addition you will drive and translate market and product strategy into profitable growth, expanding market share and meeting financial objectives over the short, mid and long term.
Your scope will be the commercialisation of Yahlive’s DTH satellite transponders into North Africa, Middle East and South West Asia to broadcasters, added-value resellers or other third party market actors active in the transmission of live television programming. Your scope is the entire product life cycle from development to commercialisation.
- Has revenue and profitability responsibility for YahLive
- Directs all YahLive business activities including Sales & Marketing, Technical, Financial, Human Resources and Legal, either directly or indirectly through arms-length service agreements with the parent shareholder or other third party companies
- Acts as a facilitator and multiplier by liaising with market partners, industry and trade bodies,manufacturers and the trade press to ensure that joint strategies are adopted
- Manages budgets and expenses in line with annual budget goals
- Manages the Company in line with the Corporate Governance of the organization which includes preparing and attending the Board of Director meetings
- Is responsible for the Sales & Marketing activities and manage customer relationship on the highest level and at all steps of the sales and customer service process
- Progressively supports the introduction of new technologies and new business ventures
- Cooperates with other revenue generating Yahsat and SES Business Segments, Product Corporate development functions and with Yahsat and SES companies and ensure internal information flow between entities
- Insures quality of staff & retain high performers, maintain motivation & morale to drive growth & revenue generation
- Ensures all sales and marketing activities and product strategies are aligned with the organisation’s goals
- Represents the Company at special events, conferences, exhibitions and shows and attend review and development meetings with colleagues at Yahsat and SES
- Leverages the competencies of the respective shareholders to effectively position Yahlive in the marketplace.
- At least 10 years experience in the satellite broadcasting industry or satellite industry in general plus a track record in business development, marketing or sales as well as a technical background
- Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent
- Extensive experience and network in the Media and Telecom sectors in the Middle East
- Knowledge of technical, financial and operational aspects of the business at a level to be credible to customers
- Excellent understanding of relevant products in the segment market
- Native Arabic speaker, fluency in spoken & written English. Other regional languages considered an asset.
- Leadership to motivate and inspire the Yahlive team to meet and exceed the objectives set by the Board.
- Broad and deep understanding of the business to shape policy and meet objectives
- Strong understanding of financial & business models and associated planning tools
- Client/service oriented, diplomatic manner, team work, accuracy, self-initiative, taking ownership, follow through
- Very good presentation and communication skills as well as time management/priority setting ability
- Effective interpersonal communication, people management experience & skills
Good knowledge of local and regional cultural aspects
- Experience in negotiating and closing high values services agreements with senior level
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural team operating across international markets.