Job Vacancy at Widows And Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
- Accounting / Audit / Tax
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- Procurement to ensure compliance to WEWE policies and procedures in line with USAID rules and regulations such that procurement action was supported by evidence of a determination that the price is reasonable.
- Workshops - for all (training) workshops conducted, ensure that amounts paid are supported by and agreed to records of payments to participants, facilitators, caterers, etc.
- Expenses - whether payments are duly authorised, accurately paid and recorded,
- Income - grant income & other income accruing to WEWE are completely accurately.
- Equipment inventories - whether these are up-to-date, complete, and accurate.
- Stock inventories - whether these are up-to-date, accurate, and whether withdrawals were adequately supported and approved, and whether physical counts and reconciliation with the ledger have been completed in accordance with WEWE policy and USAID regulations.
- Cash Advances issuance of liquidation in accordance with WEWElUSAID regulation
- Bank accounts whether adequately reconciled each month, whether bank records agree to transaction information recorded in the accounting system (QuickBooks).
- Internal control systems Conduct compliance test to determine the efficiency & effectiveness of internal control system, identify areas of non-compliance & provide advice.
- The auditor must be certified or if it's an audit firm it must be a licensed to practice in Nigeria.
- The auditor or audit firm must have at least fifteen years audit experience.
- The auditor or audit firm must have at least seven years experience in the audit of NGOs especially audit of USAID-funded project.
Auditor's Scope of Work: The overall duty of the auditor or audit firm will be to conduct USAID pre-audit on quarterly basis for WEWE's USAID funded project carry out statutory audit of WEWE's financial statement for the year ended 31" December 2014, express opinion on the said financial statement, identify non-compliance to USAID financial rules and regulations, and identify action for recourse.