Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Purpose: Helps patients by providing clinical and business office assistance in the offices and clinics of health care providers, such as, physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors, and optometrists.
Certified Medical Assistant Job Duties:
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential. intrested Candidate must reside in and it's environ