A key individual responsible for developing and maintaining a robust control environment in the franchise, coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional, and local policies, procedures, and requirements.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that Citi Global Markets Nigeria Limited (“CGMNL”) complies with the rules and regulations of applicable regulatory agencies and that Citi policies and procedures are being followed.
This role will also entail general compliance responsibilities including but not limited to ensuring that CGMNL is in compliance with AML, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption standards and related regulations.
The role is responsible for the day to day compliance activities of CGMNL by providing prompt and effective compliance guidance on regulatory and policy matters to the business units to ensure regulatory and reputational sound deals, thus assisting the business to meet revenue target and minimize regulatory penalties.
• Coordinate compliance risk management for CGMNL.
• Provide compliance advice and effective support to the business on compliance related enquiries including AML, Sanctions, Financial promotions and communications.
• Work with key stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks associated with existing and new deals and business lines with emphasis on higher risk customers.
• Ensure that internal procedures are up to date with relevant legislation and ensuring that such procedures are complied with.
• Ensure required regulatory and internal reports are generated and rendered accurately and timely within specified deadlines.
• Keeping the business abreast of any regulatory developments, sanctions and industry best practices and assessing the impact on current procedures and ensuring that necessary changes are implemented.
• Sound knowledge of products and market practices with regards to Capital Market operations specifically, Issuing House and Equities Businesses.
• Ensure that reporting, oversight and feedback mechanisms operate efficiently within compliance and support a “no surprise” culture, with early surfacing of issues.
• Respond to Sanctions related escalations and investigations.
• Be familiar with the US, local and major international laws, regulations and standards.
• Be familiar with local money laundering laws and standards.
• Undertake AML related investigations arising from internal monitoring as well as ad hoc referrals.
• Report suspicious activity to the relevant authorities in a timely manner.
• Liaise with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same.
• Develop and deliver tailored training programs for the business.
• Instigate and manage ad hoc projects as required.