Summary of Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting
materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes.
• Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces.
• Utilize mixing equipment and pumps to transfer mixes into spray guns.
• Applies several coats for certain products including anti-corrosive material to automobiles and varnish to furniture
before finishing with coats of paint
• Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
• Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodeling.
• Graffiti response and removal using a variety of available products and soda blasting.
• Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps,
• Safely stores and labels all materials.
• Maintains and repairs soda blasting compressor and accessories.
• Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
• Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
• Reads and understands blueprints.
• Offers assistance and advice on materials, designs, and color.
• Monitor valves and gauges during coating machine operation to eliminate defects. Adjust spray flow, air circulation and