Job Reference Code: RS-OPS-009
Job Type: Contractor
Functional Area: Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints furniture, surfaces, buildings, and fixtures utilizing all types of painting
- materials such as varnish, lacquer, shellac, enamel, latex, epoxy, water-proofing and heat resistant finishes.
- Tapes, flushes, repairs and applies texturing, wallpaper, and acoustic layers on a variety of surfaces.
- Utilize mixing equipment and pumps to transfer mixes into spray guns.
- Applies several coats for certain products including anti-corrosive material to automobiles and varnish to furniture before finishing with coats of paint
- Adjusts colors when necessary; utilizes enhanced finishing skills when appropriate.
- Applies materials to new construction, existing, multi-story buildings, alterations, and remodeling.
- Graffiti response and removal using a variety of available products and soda blasting.
- Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc.
- Safely stores and labels all materials.
- Maintains and repairs soda blasting compressor and accessories.
- Estimates time and materials required; keeps computerized records and submits reports of work performed.
- Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Offers assistance and advice on materials, designs, and color.
- Monitor valves and gauges during coating machine operation to eliminate defects. Adjust spray flow, air circulation and temperature.
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction.
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records.
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- May train and direct the work of other classified staff in the area.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- 3 - 5years offshore experience is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to delivering a timely and professional service to clients.
- Rope access certification (IF REQUIRED)
- Experience in painting operations in an Offshore Environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good housekeeping standards
- Strong safety skills
- Certified Chartek Painter
- Wide knowledge and vast experience in Painting
- Basic Certificate in Painting
- Valid BOSIET or HUET Offshore Certification
- Full UKOOA Medical.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades and offshore environment.
- Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards
- Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of operational problems.
- The job is performed outdoors.