An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Chef de Cuisine to join the Cold Kitchen team at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth and hygienic operation of the department by optimising the use of all kitchen materials and manpower, thereby maximising revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Interacting daily with the Executive Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisines, Private Dining Management, Banquet Management, Banquet Sales, Purchasing/ Receiving, Cost Control, F&B Management and Junior chefs from the pastry, main kitchen, butchery, Arabic kitchen and restaurant outlets.
- Coordinating and executing training of kitchen colleagues.
- Maintaining colleague motivation through individual and department training.
- Assuming the role of Chef de Cuisine (Main Kitchen) in his/her absence.
- Assisting the Chef de Cuisine (Main Kitchen) and the Executive Sous Chef in monitoring the use of standard recipes; this allows the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable food cost.
- Ensuring that the kitchen is maximising colleague productivity to minimise payroll costs.
- Monitoring operating costs and taking immediate corrective action when necessary to reduce and control expenses.
- Ensuring proper daily preparation and execution of all menu items within the kitchen stations to exceed guest satisfaction and expectation.
- Instructing on the correct usage of Kitchen equipment and machinery and checking that this is carried out in the correct manner by all Kitchen colleagues.
- Completing material checklists (e.g. mise-en-place) within own department for all sections.
- Checking each section on a daily basis to ensure work has been carried out in the proper manner.
- Planning rosters on a bi-weekly basis and reviewing overtime, rosters, holiday requirements and absenteeism.
- Preparing and managing large banquets for 50 to 300 guests.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of 5 years culinary experience in the main kitchen of a 5 star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.