To work closely with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to set and maintain the standards of food production and to execute smooth operation of the main kitchen.
- Assisting the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attending meetings with Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding the updates for the day. Communicating the information to your colleagues to ensure the operation is aware of any changes.
- Establishing culinary standards.
- Planning menus and compiling recipes for new menus / food tastings to be approved by Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef.
- Fully understanding HACCP and COSHH and taking appropriate action to ensure a safe and equitable working environment whilst being sensitive to and aware of business levels in order to maintain a disciplined but harmonious department.
- Ensuring agreed quality of product is maintained and taking appropriate action when standards are not met and CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) targets are not achieved by liaising with all key partners as necessary.
- Recruiting, monitoring and training colleagues ensuring regular appraisals are carried out with achievable objectives.
- By analysing market food trends, make appropriate menu suggestions and development within agreed timescales.
You will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should be in a similar position with a minimum of five years experience working in the Banqueting kitchen of an international five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.