An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Specialty Chef de Cuisine to join the Japanese Kitchen team at Jumeirah Emirates Towers. The main purpose of this role is to perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation.
- Primarily responsible for the Teppanyaki and Sushi bar.
- Handling multiple tasks in high volume production with an eye for detail and presentation.
- Staying up to date with latest culinary trends and creating ideas into better and consistent implementations.
- Handling of the fully implemented HACCP guidelines as well as general health and safety in the workplace.
- Maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should have a minimum of 5 years experience working as a Teppanyaki chef within a five star establishment.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.