An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Chef de Cuisine to join the Zero Gravity restaurant Culinary Team. The main purpose of this role is to work closely with the Executive Sous Chef to set and maintain the standards of Food & Beverage Production and to execute smooth operations of the restaurant.
- Assisting the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attending daily meetings with the senior Culinary team regarding the updates for the day and reviewing the list of things to do.
- Holding meetings with the colleagues in the kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef's meetings.
- Planning menus and compiling recipes for food tastings to be approved by the Executive Chef and/or the Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensuring that specific and accurate product specifications are used in writing the recipes, wherever possible, needs to use local and seasonal products available to make the dishes in the menus easily.
- Identifying market needs and trends in terms of food
- Developing menus, buffets (where applicable) and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Checking food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control on a daily basis.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and assist when needed and to ensure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is in accordance with the established standards.
- Checking the daily function sheets.
- Planning and implementing effective skills training programmes in conjunction with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- Assisting the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in interviewing and recruiting.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have a recognised Culinary qualification and you should be in a similar position with a minimum of five years experience working in an international five star chain.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage and life and accident insurance.