- Ensure staff are familiar with the preparation and presentation of all food items.
- Monitor food levels and presentation during service periods.
- Advance weekly menu planning in conjunction with the Head chef.
- Assist in kitchen staff supervision and training.
- Participate in department inventories at scheduled times.
- Ensure the kitchen and related work areas are left clean and tidy at the end of each day.
- Monitoring of orders i.e checking deliveries for quality, quantity and reporting any problem.
- Participate in planning, coordinating and controlling the department’s activities.
- Develop and implement standard recipes; portions, ingredients, presentation and service guidelines.
- Manage and train staff.
- Make sure that all material and equipment made available to the department.
- Control department costs and changes within budget guidelines, and participate in departmental budget preparation.
- Make sure that all mechandise is used before the freshness date expires and adapt stock levels and production to predicted activity levels.
- Ensure that all aspects cleaning schedules and ensure the staff follow them.Maintain tight control of stock, keeping levels to a minimum and implementing good stock rotation.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the management
- Culinary Art degree or its equivalent
- Good understanding of the Hotel Industry standards, policies and procedures
- Must be anexcellent manager, extremely well-organised, committed and decisive
- strong communication and leadership skills
- the ability to work under pressure
- high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- the ability to do several tasks at once
- creativity and imagination for food presentation
- the ability to work as part of a team
- good organisation skills.
Interested candidates should forward their CV to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org, using the job title as a subject of the mail.
Applicant must reside around Obalende, Adeniji, Oworonshoki, V/Island and Ikoyi.