Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Teaching allows you to share your passion for chemistry with students. You work is helping to shape the lives and minds of students. You must be well-organized and disciplined enough to apply structure to a flexible-but-demanding teaching schedule
There is need to facilitate student learning and understanding of chemistry through guided inquiry, direct instruction, investigations, problem solving, and discussion.
You are also responsible for class preparation, classroom management, as well as developing and grading assessments, and meeting with students and parents outside class.
You may also lead field trips, organize afterschool activities, and provide tutoring outside of class.
High school chemistry teachers often develop curriculum objectives for their classrooms using state and national science teaching standards, guidelines from national science organizations, and local input.
Objectives are used as a planning guide for daily lessons that might include guided lectures, modeling laboratory investigations, projects, and group inquiry.
- Creates class curriculum and syllabus that is appropriate for grade or class being taught
- Conducts classroom and lab activities according to program requirements
- Ensure students are assisted in developing personally and professionally
- Develops and maintains relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve student concerns and learning roadblocks
- Directs students to appropriate resources to help solve individual issues
- Tracks and reports grades and attendance to ensure accurate record keeping according to regulations
- Provide students with the necessary resources and materials to help them understand the course content
· Minimum of NCE, PGCE, Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or Sciences with at least one year working experience or B.Ed in chemistry Education preferred
- One year and above prior teaching experience typically preferred