Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Chief Accountant
- The chief accountants have to handle the complete account departments and their employees
- They should know all the latest accounting laws and procedures
- They should develop accounting procedures specific to their own company
- They should teach the new accounting programs to the new employees
- The chiefs have to make recommendations for promotions
- They also have to coordinate with the heads of other departments
- The chiefs have to come up with financial solutions to improve profits
- They also have say in the pricing of products and services
- In times of financial crisis the chiefs have to come up with strategies on facing financial crunches
- They have to present the accounts to the management
- They have help with calculations of the taxes
- They have to report any financial discrepancies to the proper authorities
Education Required by Chief Accountants
- A bachelor's degree in accounting is mandatory
- Additional courses in accounting and management are helpful in getting promotions
- They also need to have working as accountants and handling teams
The chief accountants have great opportunities of moving up in the management pecking order. Many of them also start their own accounting firms who work with big companies on freelance basis.
The chief accountant job description will help you understand what all is required to become a chief of accounts. This position carries a lot of responsibilities and they cannot afford any mistakes in their work, as they could prove to be costly for the company.
Qualifed applicants should forward their updated CV to the HR via mail:
Interested applicants should also possess a minimum of HND/BSC in related field of studies.Any other qualifications is an added advantage.