The hiring entity for this position is Pacific Drilling’s Nigerian affiliate, Pacific International Drilling West Africa Limited.
The Chief Electronic Manager is in charge of installing, repairing and maintaining all electronic equipment onboard the vessel.
The Chief Electronic Manager coordinates the preventative and corrective maintenance on the electronic related equipment, communicates regularly with the other departments (IT, mechanical, electrical, engine room, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Maintain and repair all electronic systems including Dynamic Positioning, communication, data acquisition and navigational equipment.
- Maintain and repair electronic systems in relation to subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
- Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic systems and components as per Pacific Drilling maintenance standards.
- Maintain sufficient spares are onboard - together with ETs and Electrical/Electronic Supervisor - for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a pro-active attitude with regards to upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
- Maintain workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards.
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and prevent/rectify actual and potential malfunctions, and report potentially dangerous conditions to his/her supervisor.
- Coordinate planning and execution of ET preventative maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all ET equipment certification documents.
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
- Ensure ET has all necessary competencies, training and skills to perform his tasks, provide assistance and training to the ET in the operation and maintenance of equipment, and regularly appraise and provide feedback.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.