We require an experienced Engineer to oversee the daily operations of the engineering department and to ensure that the resort and assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the ‘Jumeirah Engineering Management system’ including Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and work order system.
Your main duties:
- Prepare the property operation for effective opening in accordance with Jumeirah POP guidelines.
- Scope and manage engineering projects.
- Ensure all capital projects are conducted in the line with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor engineering activities to ensure adherence to established policies, operating procedures and standards.
- Prepare comprehensive budgets and forecasts to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the department.
- Oversee the implementation, co-ordination and monitoring of the JEMS (Jumeirah Engineering Management System). This includes the Fire, Life and Safety Matrix, PPM and work order system.
- Handle any grievances, suggestions and complaints forwarded by colleagues and recommends appropriate action.
- Responsibile for appraising and formalising career development/training plans for direct reports
- Submit comprehensive monthly report to the Gneral Manager/Group Director of Engineering
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures
- Ensure optimum use of utilities through energy management techniques.
- Promote the values, hallmarks and guiding principles of the company.
- Partake in occupational health and safety initiatives and form part of the SBU's occupational health and safety committee.
- To preform other duties that management may from time to time resonably require.
It is essential that you have earned a Bachelores Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC Engineering or a Diploma in Engineering Management. A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a 5 star hotel coupled with a minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory role is essentail.
You should be computer literate with experience in project management, CMMS systems, AutoCAD, Energy Management, Financial planning and accounting.
You must have excellent planning, organising and leadership skills to lead and develop the team. You will have an effective communicative skills as comprehensive reporting including budget preparation and monitoring are essential. A Good problem solving skills and island experience a definite advantage.