Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will:
Lead the design, conduct and reporting of complex and major evaluations of the Bank’s activities including projects, countries, sectors, and thematic and corporate priorities.
- Design, conduct and report on evaluations in accordance with the Bank’s Evaluation Policy and Manual and international evaluation standards (e.g., OECD DAC evaluation standards and the Evaluation Cooperation Group (ECG) Good Practice Standards). This includes:
- Develop the scope and terms of reference;
- Prepare an inception report. Develop (i) Theory of Change; (ii) the evaluation design (e.g., randomized, quasi-experimental, non-experimental) including limitations; (iii) economic, social and statistical methodologies and approaches; (iv) clearly identify methodological limitations and how they will be addressed; (v) the analytical framework; and (vi) test data collection tools.
- Carry out data collection and code data against coding schemes in accordance with the evaluation inception report.
- Analyze findings of evaluations in terms of approach used, political sensitivity, strategic focus, economic and social implications in accordance with the analytical framework.
- Report on evaluation results - develop the performance story based on the analysis of evaluation findings. Author evaluation reports that are concise, clearly written, balanced, evidence-based and timely. Ensure that they address the evaluation objectives and questions outlined in the inception report. Make recommendations to the Bank’s Board and senior management on changes to the Bank’s policies, programs and projects, based on evaluations that have been approved by IDEV management.
- Establish an effective quality management process including preparing terms of reference for internal and external peer-review.
- Provide regular written progress reports to IDEV management.