Position / Responsibilities:
- The IITA has established a Business Incubation Platform ("IITA BIP") located within the IITA
- campus headquarters in Ibadan, Nigeria. IITA BIP aims to develop profitable agribusiness activities
- that may be replicated by, and absorbed within the private sector after a period for exploring and
- fine-tuning different production approaches. IITA BIP provides incentives and opportunities
- for the accelerated commercial development of proven and profitable technologies, in particular
- those developed within IITA or jointly with collaborators, along the entire agricultural value chain.
- IITA BIP currently has four initial start-up businesses at various stages of development, with businesses
- relating to seed breeding, aflatoxin bio-control, legume inoculant and agri-services consulting.
- IITA is looking for a suitably experienced person to fill the position of full-time
- Chief Executive Officer of the IITA BIP to manage and coordinate the activities of IITA BIP.
- The CEO will be entrusted with the responsibility of overseeing and growing the
- IITA BIP activities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
The primary responsibilities for the CEO will include:
1. Providing leadership in the development, execution and achievement of IITA BIP's strategic objectives;
2. Developing and implementing an operational plan for the IITA BIP, to ensure the IITA BIP business
are able to operate within their pre-approved business plans and develop/monitor key financial controls;
3. Developing and implementing a marketing and sales strategy to help each of the IITA BIP business
improve their cashflow positions;
4. Assist with donor fundraising activities; and
5. Reporti to the IITA Deputy Director General for Partnerships and Capacity Development using
agreed on plans, budgets, and other key performance indicators to ensure the prudent financial
management of the IITA BIP and its start-ups, including the monthly and quarterly progress reporting.