Our client is a Pan African service provider at the forefront of Internet Protocol-based technologies and they build solutions and services tailored to the increasingly complex demands of organisations across the enterprise, public sector, global carrier and growing small-to-medium business sectors.Job description
- Ability to define, in conjunction with the Board, the strategy for the company and updates thereof, taking cognisance of the wider Group strategy
- Formulation of proposed investment plans to support and implement the strategy in conjunction with the CFO.
- Formulation of budgets and operational tactics to execute the strategy and investment plans in conjunction with the CFO
- Be continuously aware of market and wider environment circumstances and developments which inform the definition of the strategy, investment plans, budgets and tactics and keep the board updated on such developments
- Effectively communicate the strategy and tactics to the exco and wider staff to attain alignment and execution
- Select and appoint (in consultation with the board), lead and manage, encourage and retain the senior executive team of the company
- Be responsible for the overall profitability of the business in conformity with defined and agreed budgets.
- Ensure the company conducts its business and the CEO conducts himself/ herself in a most ethical manner at all times
- Live by and promote the company's values in the business
- Manage the relationships of the company with important stakeholders, including the Regulator, Government and shareholders
- Ability to work closely with the Sales Executive and other senior executives to spearhead continued and meaningful sales growth within the business (existing and new clients and existing and new products) and ensure appropriate visibility and control of churn
- Participate in the acquisition and retention of strategic and large clients of the business and promote “solution selling” by the company
- Build personal relationships with key customers and ensure a suitably diverse relationship web exists with the client across the company commensurate with client size and importance.
- The ability to network at senior levels of Nigerian business to both promote the business and generate high value opportunities
- The ability to define and communicate an appropriate strategy for the business
- Demonstrate leadership to drive the implementation of the strategy
- Significant local business network
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people
- Held similar senior role for at least 5 years
- Creative and imaginative with strong ability to envision how the business could be changed to effect continuous improvement
- Results focused and motivated to achieve objectives
- Makes balanced decisions quickly and intelligently
- Pro-active problem solving style
- Provides leadership
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage an implement a broad strategic agenda simultaneously
- Flexibility in a fast changing environment and willing to “roll up his/ her sleeves” when required.
- Financial knowledge sufficient to interpret monthly management account results and financial trends and implications
- Advanced business qualification desirable
- Reasonable industry relevant technical understanding helpful but not essential
Very attractive offer