Reporting to the Managing Director/CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance and strategic direction in the execution of financial activities within the company
Key Responsibilities include the following:
• Oversee and drive the development of the Company's financial strategy, work plans and programs, to ensure alignment with the Company's strategy, goals and objectives.
• Oversee the development of the company's corporate budget, including effective allocation and utilization of financial resources in line with business objectives.
• Coordinate the identification of risks and medium to long term financial implications of intended corporate projects/ initiatives, and provide relevant advice to the Company's executive management and the Board to ensure maximum value is realized.
• Articulate, develop and implement procedures and controls to ensure that the Company's funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
• Coordinate proper management of capital expenditure and working capital to ensure that the Company has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and banking obligations.
• Drive the preparation of financial reports to Board members for presentation/ discussion at quarterly Board meetings.
• Serve as technical resource for the company on issues relating to the interpretation of accounting, tax and other regulatory matters. Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key industry players and regulators.
• Ensure timely generation and remittance/filing of relevant statutory returns and reports.
• Coordinate the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, processes and procedures in line with leading practices.
• Ensure the establishment and implementation of an effective internal control system within the Company.
• Champion the development and monitor implementation of a delegation of authority framework.
• Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the finance function, including planning and budgeting, and provide overall leadership and guidance to subordinates.
• Continuously review the Finance department's activities and make recommendations for improvement in line with leading practices to the CEO.
• Liaise/manage the external audit process, while ensuring that all recommendations from the External Auditor's Management Letters are adequately addressed.
• Responsible for driving monthly MPR sessions.
• Motivate, guide, and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity-building of Finance staff.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the MO/CEO.
• First degree in accounting or related discipline.
• Must have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience, at least three (3) of which must be in a senior/executive management position.
•Experience in change management and ’turn arounds’ is critical.
• Must have a robust background in private equity and investment management.
• Previous insurance experience not essential.
• Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including in-depth understanding of finance best practices, international and Nigerian financial and accounting reporting standards.
• Understanding of key financial regulations e.g. Companies Income Tax Act, Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Personal Income Tax Act, Pension Reform Act etc
• Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
• Must have knowledge of IFRS.
• Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
• Must have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions.
Each application must include:
• A cover letter detailing the applicant’s position of interest and detailed contact information.
• Applicant’s updated curriculum vitae.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.