Our Client, an equal opportunity employer, is a foremost Power and Utilities Company covering the south eastern states of Nigeria looking to transform its organisation, thereby positioning herself to delivering exemplenary service to customers and thus has the urgent need to recruit extraordinary individuals for the role of Chief Financial Officer
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and will oversee the company’s financial affairs, work closely across all business funstions to maximize profitability and contribute to the formulation and successful implementation of the corporate finacial plan. He/She must have strong experience in turnaround management and would specifically be responsible for the following:
- Design and implement a financial control environement across all functions
- Establish financial planning, budgeting and forecasting capabilities
- Manage cash flow and working capital across the organisation
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the company’s capital expenditure program, as well as oversee its implementation.
- Develop detailed performance and management reporting capabilities
- Lead the company’s fund raising activities
- Oversee preparation of financial statements
- Manage and optimize the company’s tax exposure
- Work closely with the MD/CEO in the development of critical strategies
- Lead the reorganisation of the Finance Department, developing standard operating procedures
- Monitor and report on shareholder’s return and company financial performance
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field.
Post Graduate/Professional Qualification
Candidate must posses an MBA or Professional certification in Accountancy
12-15 years professional experience with at least 10 years at a managerial level.
Skills and Competencies
Extensive Knowledge of IFRS accounting principles, financial controls, finacial reports, operating plans, budgets and banking relationships.
Confidence to challenge the status quo and initiate constructive change
Exceptional communication skills
Restructuring and change management