- Development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and support tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Provide the Chief Operating Officer (COO) with an operating budget
- Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
- Manage the accounting, investor relations and tax functions
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Direct supervision of all senior members of staff within the unit in order to ensure departmental and individual KPIs are met
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Work with the CEO/COO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on city, state, and national levels, as well as assist in the development and negotiation of contracts
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- A proven track record of consistent and demonstrable achievement at a senior management level within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity and with a developed understanding of the issues facing the Corporate Financial Management/Audit function, the Benefits Service, the Revenue s Services and Payments/Payroll Services.
- A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and managing teams to achieve high performing and significant, sustainable service improvements and outstanding results, through internal and external partnerships.
- Experience of developing and sustaining a culture that meets the needs of and engages with customers and staff within a safe, open and high performing working environment.
- Evidence of establishing a performance management culture to drive continuous improvement, including service planning, target setting, performance appraisal and the management of staff groups.
- Significant experience and demonstrable success in the generation and management of cultural change.
- A track record of working in and forging successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external bodies including governmental and non-governmental organisations, the private and voluntary sectors.
- A proven track record of working effectively within a business environment, providing clear, balanced advice and guidance on strategic issues that achieve service objectives.
- A persuasive and effective influencer who can foster partnerships, work collaboratively across boundaries and achieve performance and results through others.
- A shrewd, intellectual, creative, strategic and lateral thinker.