Our client is a large conglomerate with business interests from engineering to FMCG and healthcare products.
Scope of the role:
- Responsible for financial processes and standards, budgeting, forecasting and tracking, investment management, strategic planning and auditing.
- Key objective is to establish financial policies and support management by providing information systems, and maintaining accurate internal and statutory financial records.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Establishing consistent planning processes & metrics across sites, functions and projects.
- Developing, implementing and managing all cost accounting and cash management procedures & reporting systems.
- Preparing financial plans and reports (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements).
- Setting and exchanging financial management best practices within group.
- Creating long term budgets and forecasts for planning purposes.
- Tracking performance and identifying deviations from plans.
- Reviewing budgets & financial forecasts to ensure results are in line with overall strategy & long term objectives.
- Leading corporate development activities including partnerships & acquisitions.
- Assuming responsibility for capital management, investments and divestments.
- Providing oversight of all internal & external audits.
- Supporting business functions in their decision making through financial insight and analyses.
- Monitoring debtors and the collection of debts.
- Managing relationship with financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies and auditing firms.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Accounting and certified as a Management Accountant.
- Master in Finance / Business Administration
- Extensive knowledge of the Chemical / Distribution / FMCG industry in the emerging markets will be a plus
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a similar management role, preferably in a reputed company
- Extensive knowledge of accounting theories, principles and applications.
- Knowledge in handling and analysing large datasets.
- Extensive experience in managing all important aspects within the Finance function.
- Proven leadership skills, having successfully managed a finance department.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent command of the relevant IT tools/ programs, especially Navision or any other similar ERP.